Are you interested in becoming Ace helpful?
Ace has been named a Top Workplace in Chicago and we’re looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the best, most helpful hardware stores on the planet. We’re focused on the future, looking for new and better ways to compete in today’s marketplace. At Ace, we like to say that we have a soft heart, a steel spine — and we like to win. People are the foundation of what makes Ace great, and we’re always looking for ways to improve the employment experience for Ace team members. What we can promise you is that you will gain a sense of accountability and ownership by working hard to build Ace’s continued success, and your own. You’ll enjoy a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment. And, you’ll take pride in serving our Ace retail stores and their customers in neighborhoods across the country and around the world.
For more than 90 years, Ace Hardware has been known as the place with the helpful hardware folks in thousands of neighborhoods across America, providing customers with a more personal kind of helpful. In 2017, Ace ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Home Improvement Retail Stores, Eleven Years in a Row," according to J.D. Power. With more than 5,000 hardware stores locally owned and operated across the globe, Ace is the largest retailer-owned hardware cooperative in the world. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., Ace and its subsidiaries operate an expansive network of distribution centers in the U.S. and also have distribution capabilities in Ningbo, China; Colon, Panama; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Its retailers' stores are located in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and approximately 55 countries.
Ace’s Vision, Mission and Values
You don’t often see values like Love, Gratitude and Humility in corporate Vision, Mission and Values statements, but Ace is different, and these things are important to us. They serve as a guidepost for our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand – and we live by them every day.
To be the best, most helpful hardware stores on the planet.
To be the best provider of products, services and operating methods for convenience hardware retailers around the globe.
• Winning – In Business, we keep score with money, which means we get paid to perform. To do that, we must compete and win and have a lot of fun doing it. At Ace, we win with and through people, for helpful is our weapon in the world.
• Excellence – We aspire to be the best, to continuously improve and to inspire others by giving the team our very best.
• Love – Love the people, love the work and love the results.
• Integrity – For Ace to win, we need to be able to trust each other. And trust will require us to be honest, reliable, caring, of high character and of unquestioned ethics.
• Gratitude – We recognize that we are blessed to be in the business of serving others.
• Humility - We strive for greatness with a humble, modest, and respectful attitude.
• Teamwork – We will fight the natural tendency for control and credit in favor of collaboration and mutual success, recognizing that… Together. We are Ace.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.