Summer 2020 Internships
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION FORM
Agency: Henry County Health Center
Department name: Internship Opportunities available in various departments within the Health Center
- Public/Rural Health Care
- Child & Family Development
- Health Studies
- Emergency Management
- Customer Service Representatives
Overview of the program:
The Henry County Health Center is an innovative rural local public health agency located in Clinton, Missouri. Henry County has a population of approximately 9,000 and Clinton sits at the junctions of Highways 7, 13 and 52. Kansas City, Springfield and Lake of the Ozarks are just a short distance away. As the seat of Henry County, Clinton is the hub of retail, trade, manufacturing, farming, medical care and other economic sectors in this part of Missouri.
Overview of the internship:
The intern will have the opportunity during the internship period to be involved in a wide array of agency programs, initiatives, collaborative efforts, and events. This internship experience is an excellent opportunity for any student who is self-directed with an interest in community involvement, assessment and/working in local public health or government.
When are these positions offered?
- Start date Flexible, after May 5th, 2020
- End date TBD –Flexible –Hours need to be completed during calendar year 2020
- Hours required (internships are typically 360 hours total) 360 hours depending program of study or TBD.
- Location: On-site Vs Off-site Depending on area—on-site and off-site will be permitted.
- Pay/ Stipend: Yes-Amount TBD
- Travel? Personal travel to and from the Health Center is the responsibility of intern.
- Transportation – is a car required? No, but interns are expected to perform on-site work at Henry County Health Center in Clinton, MO.
- Housing – No
- Any additional qualifications needed?
- Intern should submit a resume’/CV, letter of interest, and a one-paragraph informational page stating what goals the intern would like to achieve while interning at Henry County Health Center.
Application deadlines: Open until filled.
Contact information: Dana Hall; firstname.lastname@example.org or 660-890-8194