Siri Computational Linguist
Come and join the effort to help Siri understand and speak new languages. Our diverse and passionate group, dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world, is looking to add highly motivated linguists with expertise in a foreign language. The ideal candidate has a passion and aptitude for working with language data to help create, categorize, audit, and improve lexical data.
- Developing natural language processing code specific to your language.
- Leveraging the power of large amounts of data to solve complex NLP.
- Providing input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and product features tailored to your home market.
- Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems.
- Recording audio and creating audio tests.
- Reviewing tests and identifying fixes.
- Creating and committing speech patches.
- Native-level proficiency in another language
- Strong linguistic comprehension and excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
- Previous experience working with language data (e.g. research, analysis, translation, review)
- Up-to-date exposure to native popular culture and ability to use it to inform data analysis
- Natural language processing experience
- Familiarity with Java, Perl, and/or Shell scripting
- Experience using OS X or iOS a plus
- Good organization, proven ability to manage priorities
- Solid analytical skills, attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in Computational Linguistics OR B.S/MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields