Public Relations Assistant
A Think-Tank and Network Dedicated to the Intersection of Law and International Affairs: The Foundation for Law and International Affairs (FLIA) is an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization incorporated in Washington, D.C. in 2015. FLIA is an educational, academic, and consultative think tank, as well as a professional network for law and international affairs. FLIA is mandated to promote the international communication, education, and cooperation at the intersection of law and international affairs. Our core vision is to empower professionals, especially young professionals in the field to achieve self fulfillment and contribute to globalization and localization toward a more diverse, intelligent, and peaceful world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the research, planning and development of comprehensive public relations programs;
- As assigned by Director of Public Relations, assist with the implementation of PR program plans;
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the press and key partners;
- Build and maintain relationships with law firms, law schools and key players in international affairs;
- Maintain relationships with subscribers;
- Work cross-functionally with teams to create effective messaging to support existing programs;
- Generate media outreach strategies and execute plans thoughtfully and effectively.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree required, major in journalism, communication, advertising or other relevant field preferred;
- Experience working on successful public relations programs preferred;
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format;
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships;
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and execute with minimal guidance;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Familiarity with major social media management tools;
- Video editing skills a plus;
- Existing relationships with members of the press and/or social media platforms a plus.
FLIA internships are part-time, voluntary positions. The internship program requires a minimum commitment of three months. The average time commitment will be 20 hours per week.
Deadline to apply
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.