Educational Event Coordinator Internships
Educational Event Coordinator Internships: As an intern your responsible for developing, planning, and implementing young adult cancer educational events. You are helping to people to rise above cancer, and helping to save live.
About Up Cancer: Up Cancer mission: We Connect, We Educating, and We Empowering young adult cancer survivors, friends, and family during the 5 stages of cancer survivorship: Diagnoses, Treatment, Remission, Terminal, and death.
Summary: Under general direction of Up Cancer, the Educational Events Coordinator Intern plans and implements special events and activities to educate the community about young adult cancer needs and early diagnoses. You will create educational programs and outreach activities in the community. Events include the annual community meeting. The Community Events Coordinator is responsible for leading teams of volunteers to design and implement systems that ensure smooth and successful event operations. The position is a volunteer’s internship that you create your own flexible volunteers schedule.
- Produce proposals for events (e.g. Timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)Develop and manage event budgets
- Create procedures for all major processes
- Plan and coordinate related program activities including educational presentations, booths, workshops, demonstrations, speakers, special guests, musicians, etc.
- Identify volunteer opportunities and work with volunteer manager to ensure all shifts are filled with trained volunteers
- Secure and book suitable free venues or locations
- Plan event layouts and coordinate with venue management.
- Organize facilities for parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- If needed, recruit free food and merchandise vendors.
- Coordinate volunteer event staffing
- Coordinate with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event and prepare needed materials
- Coordinate the dismantling and removal of event paraphernalia and clearing the venue efficiently
- Conduct post-event evaluation, including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders
- Ensure all necessary parties are thanked in a timely manner
Research markets to ddevelop and implement innovative approaches to improve or expand events, and identify opportunities for additional events
3 -10 hours per week
National meetings are Monday Nights and this is an opportunity for you to connect with other educational events coordinators, Editorial, PR Team, Marketing and Social Media, legislative liaison, and rest of the Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer organization.