Legislative Liaison Internship
Legislative Liaison Internship: Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer is committed to connecting, educating, and empowering young adult cancer survivors, friends, and family though the 5 Stages of cancer survivorship: diagnoses, treatment, remission, terminal and death. Up Cancer objective is to become the leading young adult cancer survivor’s organization in the world.
As an intern you will be working with legislators and government agencies to encourage them to purpose new laws to assist the needs of young adult cancer survivors. You will be working with educational event coordinators Interns, marketing and SEO, editor and PR, and merchandising team, to advise on new proposed legislation, and providing them the necessary information to educate and motivate the community to support legislation.
Objectives Legislative Liaison Internship
- Work closely with (Educational Events Planning Intern) to educate the community and new legislation concerning young adult cancer needs
- Find volunteers help really the community to contact state legislators to support the legislation.
- You will become a public relations specialist with strong communication skills who persuades legislators to vote on public policy in favor of young adult cancer survivors needs.
- You will work with Legislative Liaisons across the USA to develop and implement a plan to engage and educate the community and community organizations in your region.
- Work with PR team, marketing team, merchandising team, and Editors to monitoring, managing, writing, photographing, and recording content for all social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Work with educational event interns to promote program activities including educational presentations workshops, speakers, special guests, musicians, etc.
- Coordinate with marketing team, editor, PR colleagues, educational liaison to promote the events and prepare needed materials.
- Work with editorial team, PR team, and marketing team, to monthly newsletters on legislative issues concerning the young adult cancer community in your state and the nation
National meetings are held on Monday nights and you will be working with, educational events coordinator team, marking and social media, editorial and PR,