The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing and leading the full design process from ideation to production. You will draw new designs and update our current designs. During the creation process, you will ensure that our designs meeting all necessary design responsibilities.
- Draw, update, and maintain designs
- Manage multiple complex projects at the same time
- Ensure our designs meet manufacturing, technical and customer responsibilities
- Ensure that all design projects are completed within budget and time
- Participate in a collaborative work environment with Project Manager, Clarifiers, Technicians, and Builders in order to provide structural designs of BlueScope Buildings
- Provide designs in a timely manner that meet internal and external customer's requirements
- Provide technical assistance to Builders on specific projects
- Performs design and design checking of BlueScope Buildings in support of corporate accounts and regional business
- Manages the design aspect of projects in a customer service team environment
- This position requires extensive communication with builders, erectors, architects, structural engineers, building code officials, and the sales force
- Customer design service needs are met by meeting design schedule
- Maintain the building's structural integrity and safety
- Participating in a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or relevant education/experience required
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent education/experience preferred
- Successful completion of FE required
- Successful completion of PE preferred
- AutoCAD experience
- PEB experience preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, vacation purchase and retirement.
EEO Employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.