Biostatistician - Entry Level
Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and IQVIA, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
PURPOSE: This role is an ideal stepping-stone for new college grads. You will have training and development to plan and progress your long-term career in the direction you choose. And you will not have to do it alone – you will have dedicated mentoring and development opportunities to help shape your future and improve your skills.
Award winning and innovative, we will give you access to cutting-edge in-house technology, allowing you to work on global projects and across therapeutic areas. Biostatisticians will also be working on programming from scratch with the ability to create new code, discover different opportunities and – unusually for a non-clinical role – make a real impact on patient health.
Biostatisticians projects vary, your typical responsibilities and opportunities might include:
- Develop analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications; produce tables, listings and figures; perform data review and statistical analysis.
- Programming aspects of a clinical trial, from files to tables and listings
- Assist with protocol development and protocol and case report form (CRF) review.
- Advise data management staff on database design and critical data. May advise on validation checks.
- Assist in writing statistical sections of integrated reports.
- Assist project lead in fulfilling project responsibilities.
- Understand the Scope of Work, budget and quote assumptions, estimate the work completed, and manage scope for single studies. May manage project budget and resource requirements and provide revenue and resource forecasts for single studies, under supervision.
- Provide guidance to lower level and/or new staff.
- Under supervision, act as statistical team lead.
Biostatisticians will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with a variety of colleagues, often teammates located in different parts of the world. You will also have the opportunity to attend weekly forums discussing SAS and relevant courses – all with the potential to grow your career into more technical or managerial roles.
- Identify and record process or quality problems and bring them to the attention of a senior team member
- May coordinate, schedule and submit safety reports to regulatory authorities, marketing authorization holders, investigators, customers and operations team in accordance with deadlines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A Master's degree or PhD in mathematics, biostatistics, statistics, public health
- Biostatisticians need Basic knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, and SAS Graph
- Excellent written & oral communication skills including grammatical/ technical writing skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective time management and organizational skills
IQVIA is a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that a work environment that embraces diversity will give us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and enhance our success. We believe that an inclusive and respectful workplace culture fosters a sense of belonging among our employees, builds a stronger team, and allows individual employees the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled