NOTE***Only applications submitted through our Applicant Tracking System will be considered for employment. Please copy and paste into your web browser to apply:
The primary role of the Community Manager is to oversee all aspects of the property’s daily operations and management. This includes leasing, revenue management, fiscal planning, community and resident relations. The Community Manager should professional in nature and lead the team by example.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Direct Reports: Assistant Manager, Leasing Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, Leasing Ambassadors
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties listed below are an outline of the Community Manager’s responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive list. As the needs of the community change, these duties may be modified as needed.
Leasing & Marketing
- Prepare marketing plans and develop new strategies and programs
- Prepare weekly reports as the status of leasing
- Oversee leasing and marketing efforts to maximize occupancy
- Develop and maintain resident retention programs
- Review and approve all resident leases
- Represent the community and management in a professionally
- Ensure staff members comply with corporate policies and government laws on Fair Housing
- Ensure timely follow up activities take place for all prospective residents
- Report time and attendance
- Ensure confidentiality of client, resident, and company information
- Organize all staff meetings
- Understand and adhere to policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment
- Assist in corporate projects as requested
- Direct the daily operations of the property
- Lead the development of the annual budget and business plan for the property
- Oversee account receivable, accounts payable, process and property delinquency
- Monitor all expenses
- Prepare monthly variance reports and month end reporting package in a timely manner
- Manage staff including hiring, ongoing training, and developing
- Prepare annual staff performance reviews
- Report on payroll and employee records
- Maintain active and effective communication with residents & parents
- Understand the needs and expectations of residents, prospective residents, clients, and vendors and exceed their expectations
- Develop a sense of community among the residents and staff
- Maintain a positive community environment for both residents and associates and encourage participation in events and activities
- Assist in mediation of resident conflicts
- Implement & execute a successful turn plan
- Ensure the staff is utilizing the Facilities module in OneSite to track, close, and follow up on all service requests
- Regularly walk the property to identify and address maintenance issues
- Ensure the maintenance team is completing all service requests in a timely manner
- Lead the maintenance team in quarterly inspections of each unit to identify and address maintenance issues
- Document and address behaviors of residents that violate the law or the community lease agreement
- Understand, communicate, and enforce community safety, emergency, and fire evacuation policies and procedures, providing emergency response and referral services and resources
- Handle emergency situations in conjunction with the corporate team
- Prepare and submit incident reports
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred, high school diploma required
- 4 years experience in various positions in a residential rental community is required
- 2 years of experience as a Community Manager with a proven record of achievements
- Proven proficiency in all areas of property management operations
- Strong financial, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong internet, word processing, and spreadsheet skills
- Must have excellent communication, management, and people skills
- The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may infrequently drive a vehicle (intrastate and interstate travel) or be subject to air travel for purposes of Company business.