Public Policy Fall 2019 Internship
The Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce is seeking self-motivated interns to assist in its legislative, government and community relations projects during the summer of 2019. This internship includes both independent work and opportunities for collaborative projects and high visibility interactions with business, community, elected leaders, and other KC Chamber employees/interns. Our interns are an integral part of the KC Chamber, and we value candidates who are driven to succeed and interested in community leadership.
Internship duties will vary but may include the following:
- Event preparation and attendance, including interaction with business leaders and elected officials
- Special projects that would be excellent for a resume and portfolio
- Interactions with small businesses, large corporations, policy makers, and government officials at all levels
- Issue, policy and community research for reporting
- Database management
- Website content monitoring and preparation
- Materials preparation (including possible opportunities for copywriting, design and photography)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-directed, possess effectual critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Organized, and able to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Reliable transportation
Journalism, Business, English, and Political Science majors are encouraged to apply. This is a fantastic opportunity for students to see how the business community operates, engage in policy issues and advocacy, and observe interactions and decision-making among community and business leaders.
This is an unpaid internship opportunity.