SLM Media Group Editorial Internship
SLM Media Group—publisher of the award-winning St. Louis Magazine, Design STL, St. Louis Family, and Stlmag.com—is seeking editorial internship applicants. This isn’t a make-copies, make-coffee internship; you’ll walk away with real experience in researching, pitching, writing, digital strategy, SEO, analytics, and more. If you live for collaboration, trawl Twitter for buzz, and love staying up to date on everything from downtown development news to the latest concerts, you should apply for this internship.
- Brainstorm and research stories for upcoming print issues
- Fact-check stories for print
- Pitch stories for our online verticals (news, culture, family, and health)
- Report and write online stories on a regular basis
- Contribute to print packages on occasion
- Learn about SEO, including how to craft the perfect headline, and use analytics tools to shape coverage
- Collaborate on social media campaigns, newsletters, and more
Interns must receive school credit. Please contact your university or college career counseling office about your school’s specific requirements, guidelines, and policies.
How to Apply
Please email the following to associate editor Samantha Stevenson (email@example.com):
- Three to five writing samples
- A brief description (no more than paragraph) about why you want to intern at SLM
- Three brief (no more than a paragraph each) pitches for online stories that could run on Stlmag.com
- Three professional references