Environment, Health, and Safety Coordinator
Plans and coordinates safety, environmental and health program requiring application of safety and environmental principals to analyze and control conditions contributing to occupational and environmental hazards by performing the following duties.
· Ignites the site’s safety culture through the development and implementation of a Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) safety program
· Owner of site’s safety & environmental training and documentation program
· Maintains and provides input as it relates to hazardous communications, including maintaining safety data sheets, chemical approvals, and batch sheet approvals
· Implements or recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or workplace conditions
· Conducts incident investigations and reporting including initial incident notification to site leaders, EH&S Manager, and Sr. SH&E Manager
· Partner with engineers and contractors to ensure SH&E considerations are appropriately incorporated into CAR projects with no impact to timelines and minimal impact to budgets
· Creates a cross-functional safety committee, conducts ergonomic risk assessments/job hazard analyses, and initiates weekly safety walks with front-line operations teams to ensure completion of necessary safety and environmental inspections
· Executes early management (MOC) reviews, performs infrequent-task risk assessments, provides new hire and follow-up safety training, conducts internal audits, performs loss trending and participates in the development of safety programs
· Supports EBOS culture of continuous improvement through Gemba participation and Kaizen events
· Evaluates SH&E performance using agreed KPIs and other recommended improvement opportunities including annual site SH&E plan
Supervisory responsibility? No
Budgetary responsibility? Contributes to managing safety budget within Aurora manufacturing P&L
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental regulations
- Able to coach, develop and influence others without direct supervisory responsibility
- Exhibits decision making skills
- Maintains customer focus, while demonstrating courageous leadership
- Exhibits attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret written information
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Completes work in timely manner
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Communication- Anticipates information that is needed and meets the need with credible and insightful material; delivery is clear and concise. Expresses ideas enthusiastically and is an active listener. Successful candidate is an individual who can adjust communication style as needed to achieve required results. Must be proficient and comfortable in leading team meetings and training obligations.
Job Expertise- Extremely well qualified; able to apply knowledge to champion individual projects to successful completion. Recognized by the plant and by peers as an expert in the field; often sought after as a resource in planning and problem solving. Well-rounded in other business areas, the successful candidate is an individual who is current in field of expertise and willing and able to learn new job skills within the manufacturing environment.
Planning and Execution- Goal oriented, the Assistant Supervisor anticipates the unforeseen and develops viable contingency plans; conducts meetings and informal discussions that result in well thought out decisions and actions; follows through on commitments. Demonstrates a consistently high level of commitment and energy that inspires and motivates other associates.
Customer Focus and Competitive Advantage- Understands customer needs, identifies and implements solutions that meet or exceed those needs; and is comfortable when engaged with customer visits and research. The successful candidate is one who has demonstrated the importance of customer focus in their daily activities and encouraged others to do the same.
Teamwork- Team-centric associate who always works toward team goals, actively participates in meetings and projects, volunteers for tasks, has information ready, often prior to the request. Willing to take a lead role in moving the project forward or to serve as a support member as required to meet the needs of the group and organization. Listens and communicates effectively, plans and follows up. Helps the team reach decisions and takes responsibility for own actions. The successful candidate constantly drives the organization towards the best results, supporting and stimulating colleagues, leading the team by example without placing themselves above the team.
Job Skill Sets
Adaptability- The role model responds positively to change. They adapt readily to different ways of doing things and maintain effectiveness when confronted with new work situations or the uncertainty and ambiguity that comes with change. They handle situations without overreacting or becoming emotional. They are open to new ideas, assignments and approaches. They adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities. They constructively deal with mistakes and setbacks.
Building Relationships- The successful candidate works with others in order to achieve goals. They are committed to developing and maintaining respectful, productive relationships with others, recognizing the payoff in terms of support for the company objectives. They build relationships with people at all levels of the organization effectively. They maintain positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
Confidence- The successful candidate conveys a positive first impression. They speak clearly, with a strong voice and assert views in a direct manner. Before communicating they prepare for disagreements and criticism; they use an objective, systematic approach to problem solving. They give others credit and recognition for their accomplishments and involve others in highly visible projects. They have knowledge of their own strengths and weaknesses and acknowledge own mistakes and limitations. The role model acts confidently without being arrogant.
Drive for Results- The successful candidate is one who has demonstrated the ability to achieve results through and with others. They articulate the business needs in a professional and compelling way. The role model leads people/teams to reach desired objectives by focusing on what is most critical. They have a strong commitment to the entire organization, maintaining a team focus even in the most challenging situations.
Maximizing Individual Performance- The successful candidate recognizes talents of people in the organization and optimizes their performance through a professional process. They give clear directions and ensure others know what is expected of them. They monitor and review performance, providing support and guidance to ensure success. They use different styles to direct or guide depending on the situation and the individual. They enforce quality standards and encourage others to do the same.
Additional attributes and characteristics
Strong personal commitment to health and safety demonstrated through actions and behaviors; walks the talk.
No prior experience or training required
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
Major(s): Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Risk Management, or other related field
Travel offsite, by air (select percentage below)
If travel offsite required, select percentage:
Travel, up to 10% domestic
No relocation is required for this job
Days of week: M-F
Hours per day: 8; varied times as required to support a 24/7 production environment
Weekends required? As needed to support a 24/7 production environment
Other, please describe: Must be on-call and available as needed to support a 24/7 production environment
Overall physical activity level for this job (select one):
Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a production/technical nature
Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office/production setting with adequate ventilation
Safety, Health and Environmental Manager
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.