Content Creation Intern (remote)
Alexzander is an online platform designed for environmentally conscious brands who have a strong focus on sustainability and transparency. Our mission is simple: to provide our customers with quality products that are made using ethical practices. To accomplish this we offer a curated selection of innovative brands who possess a strong sense of responsibility towards protecting what matters most - our environment.
In an effort to be as transparent as possible with you, every object featured on Alexzander includes a list of what sustainable practices were employed by the creator during production. Each brand in our collection must exercise at least 2 of the following:
- Fabrication in small quantities
- Use of organic & natural materials over plastic
- Sustainably Sourced Materials
By doing this, our customers can take comfort in knowing that they are purchasing goods that have been ethically produced in a way that both protects the environment and limits unnecessary waste.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently in search of passionate writers/ journalists/bloggers with an interest in fashion, beauty, lifestyle, sustainability, the environment, and art for an internship opportunity. Given the ever growing importance of analyzing the relationship between human activity and the environment, we at Alexzander would like to give a voice to today's youth through the creation of a journal on our site.
Have a passion for clean beauty and eco-friendly beauty products? Hit us up! Interested in sustainability and the fashion industry’s affect on our environment (both physically and psychologically)? Always excited about the new looks from NFW or PFW? Come and join the team!.
The internship entails writing 1 to 3 pieces each week on beauty, wellness, lifestyle, fashion, art, the environment, etc (must include 1 to 3 pictures). Candidates should have a unique voice, innovative ideas, great writing skills, and superb attention to detail (bonus if you have editorial experience ideally within the Fashion & Beauty sphere - personal blogs count).
Fashion and journalism majors are encouraged to apply.
*Contact internship advisor for credit approval/eligibility*
- Maintain the blog space on our site
- Write blog posts about topics beauty news, wellness, product education and the latest beauty trends
- Write blog posts about the impact of beauty and fashion on the environment
- Write blog posts about sustainability
- Keep up with fashion trends, social media beauty influencers, and fashion related publications
- Assist in managing social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Must stay up-to-date on new developments concering sustainability and the environment in and beauty/fashion industry publications
- Must have VERY STRONG written communication skills
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- 2+ years writing experience (personal blogs count)
- English, Literature, Journalism, Creative Writing or Fashion Majors Preferred
If interested, please send a resume as well as 2 to 3 writing samples. The ideal intern candidate will have a strong work ethic and is able to work independently as a part of a remote team.
Although this internship is an unpaid opportunity, if your content proves to be engaging, thoughtful, and increases traffic to our site, we will be more than happy to discuss a compensation plan. This could involve being paid either per article written or per number of views/likes received (DISCLAIMER - this is subject to change at the discretion of your supervisor).