Internship - Public Relations
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
We will utilize all aspects of the public relations field. Expect to learn the field from top to bottom, and complete this program ready to enter any fast-paced public relations firm with excellent skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
· Monitor all forms of media
· Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
· Write press releases and other materials
· Screen phone calls
· Assist with mailings, print production
· Create interview preparation materials
· Compile contact lists
· Search for press clippings
· Create or update databases
· Greet guests and partners
Students applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Only interns proficient with Adobe and Microsoft Office applications should apply.
Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Theatre