Student Tobacco Wellness Ambassador
This internship will allow you to work on a team that is reducing tobacco use on campus.
- Receive education and training to help reduce tobacco use on campus. This includes high-level communication strategies to effectively address persons who are violating campus tobacco use policy.
- Monitor the MU main campus and healthcare campus (hospital areas) for tobacco use.
- Use training protocol and techniques to approach policy violators and request compliance with the MU policy. Includes provision of cessation resource guide and offering nicotine replacement (nicotine lozenges, nicotine gum).
- Document approach interactions and policy violations using an online form.
- Complete systematic canvassing and review of campus for incorrect signage regarding tobacco use policy.
- Plan and participate in educational events to promote tobacco free campus policy and opportunities for smoking cessation.
- Participate in policy evaluation involving systematic tobacco litter counts at selected sites on campus.
- Attend team meetings.