Reports To: Director of Education
The American Royal Association is seeking an Education Intern to join our hard-working, fun loving, mission—inspired team. This seasonal position will work closely with the Director of Education to create and execute programs that bring the American Royal mission of “Impacting the Future of Agriculture” to life. This is a seasonal position, lasting from August through mid-October, requiring the ability to work evenings and weekends as needed throughout events including the World Series of Barbecue®, Youth and PRCA Rodeos, Livestock Show and various equine events.
· Plans and coordinates all implementation of educational programs including the American Royal Field Trip and educational tours during American Royal events.
· Assist with the Seaboard Royal Scholars and Veterinary Scholars programs.
· Develops and maintains working relationships with local school districts and the Kansas and Missouri Agriculture in the Classroom organizations to promote their involvement with the American Royal and agricultural education in general.
· Pursues opportunities to develop new markets for education programs.
· Creates and fosters constituent relations that actively build support for American Royal program development.
· Keeps supervisor informed on status of work in progress, potential issues and recommended courses of action.
· Assumes responsibility for any related programs or projects as directed by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
· Education certificate beneficial
· Working knowledge of advanced PC applications
· Ability to present in front of a group/Group Facilitation
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Agricultural background beneficial
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and leadership skills; capable of working with and setting priorities among stakeholders, volunteers, and others while promoting the overall interests of the American Royal
· Excellent work ethic and initiative
· Creative problem solving
· Strong communication skills, and ability to work well with a small staff, as well as with a dedicated group of volunteers
· Ability to complete occasional physical tasks such as lifting and carrying required
Job Function Agriculture Education