Media Content Coordinator
As a member of the Marketing Communications team, the Media & Content Coordinator will be responsible for print and digital pieces for the University as well as creation of content for the CMU website, social media, news media, and other mediums.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write meaningful and engaging content for the website, ads, news releases, feature stories, etc.;
- Be a key member of the social media team tasked with maintaining and enhancing CMU’s online presence on various social media platforms, which includes updating, responding, and creating engaging content;
- Assist in creating and editing video content;
- Perform news bureau functions including researching and writing articles, photography;
- Perform other duties as assigned in this area of responsibility;
· Provide support for on-campus digital signage
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, or related field is required. Demonstrated skills writing, editing, and video strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The ideal candidate should have:
· extensive professional experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop;
· excellent writing skills;
· knowledge of and a high comfort level with different social media platforms;
· the ability to think strategically and make smart decisions;
· the ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment and to meet strict deadlines;
· the ability to work without direct supervision and as part of a team.
Experience using a web content management system and/or HTML is preferred.
OTHER INFORMATION AND ATTRIBUTES:
Occasional weekend or after-hours work required.
Supports the work and efforts of colleagues in achieving the institutional mission and vision.
Contributes creatively and thoughtfully to setting and meeting departmental and institutional goals.
Seeks innovative, cost-effective solutions to departmental challenges.
Candidates should submit an application, cover letter, and resume to Human Resources. Applications and instructions are located on the website at www.centralmethodist.edu.
CMU Employees provide collegial, collaborative contributions to their areas and the University as a whole. They should stimulate a harmonious, productive and inviting work environment that is customer service oriented. Each must maintain a commitment to the mission and purposes of CMU. Central Methodist University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.