United Hospital Fund www.uhfnyc.org
United Hospital Fund, whose mission is to build a more effective health care system for every New Yorker, is looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Accountant to provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; and preparing reports. This individual will provide work direction and technical guidance to less experienced business office staff. The Senior Accountant will report and work closely with the Controller.
· Prepare grants analysis ensuring accuracy and completeness.
· Prepare monthly analysis of balance sheet and expense accounts as directed by the Controller in timely manner with a high standard of accuracy.
· Prepare and review daily cash report monitoring UHF’s cash accounts and available balances; and process bank transfers.
· Prepare, review and enter journal entries, analyze and correct discrepancies to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the general ledger, provide a consistent and continuous analysis of specified balance sheet accounts.
· Assist in preparation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts and oversee input of budget data into accounting software.
· Conduct analysis and prepare workpapers for UHF’s fiscal year-end audit.
· Assist in the preparation of UHF’s tax returns (Form 990, CHAR500, Form 990T and CT-13).
· Work with the Controller in the preparation and analysis of grant and project reports.
· Respond promptly, courteously, and accurately to inquiries from internal and external departments.
· In the absence of the co-workers in the business office provide back up in the area of accounts payable and payroll.
· Complete special projects and handle other duties as assigned by the Controller or Senior Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
1. Three or more years of accounting experience,
2. Bachelor’s degree
3. Not-for-profit experience preferred.
Knowledge and Ability:
1. Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet applications and proficiency with the rest of Microsoft Office suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) is required.
2. Experience with Financial Edge (Blackbaud) a plus.
3. Experience reconciling investment accounts a plus.
4. Experience in and commitment to protecting sensitive and confidential information.
5. Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional, clear and concise manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts.
6. Excellent organization and problem-solving skills; strong interpersonal and decision-making skills; a self-starter with the ability to work well independently and in groups and willingness to be assigned to help team members in order to achieve department goals.
7. Must be able to work within deadlines.
8. Ability to work extended hours as needed during peak times such as year-end audit preparation.
9. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements essential.
United Hospital Fund offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience combined with generous benefits, including health, dental, voluntary vision, life, and disability insurance; a tax-deferred annuity savings plan; paid time off; a commuting subsidy; collegial environment.
Apply by clicking on the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=5065b29d-a4bd-4f05-9ec4-246ecd3dff7b&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
· Cover letter detailing specific qualifications
· Salary requirements
United Hospital Fund of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations and marital status.