Early Childhood Support Teacher
For more than 20 years, Cerner Kids has supported Cerner’s mission and vision by providing a nurturing educational environment, exclusively for children of Cerner associates. The Montessori philosophy guides our programming, and we look for talented teachers to build lessons and activities to capture the interests of the children in their classroom. Cerner currently offers two childcare centers. Cerner Kids at Realization, near the Grandview Triangle in South Kansas City and Cerner Kids at World Headquarters in North Kansas City. Our centers have capacity for nearly 400 students.
Early Childhood Support Teachers cover classroom responsibilities and ensure we are maintaining ratio requirements. We expect our support teachers to be reliable team members that teachers can count on to manage classroom activities on their behalf, to assist in execution of lessons and activities as needed, and to help ensure the efficient day to day flow in each classroom. You may be asked to provide input on observations of children, classroom processes, and lessons and activities. Most importantly, we ask that you manage each classroom as if it were your own, exercising the best possible judgment, and helping to create a warm, nurturing environment for children. Early Childhood Support Teachers will work Monday through Friday, from 10 am-6:30 pm.
For more information on our program, please visit our website at
· High School Diploma or GED
· At least one year experience in education or early childhood work experience
· Work experience in early childhood or Montessori program
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in education-related field
- Successful completion of Missouri’s Department of Health and Senior Services Family Care Safety Registry screening and a comprehensive criminal background check
- Occupational Health Requirements, including Medical Exams in accordance with state law
- Ability to work overtime or irregular hours as needed
Cerner’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.