Regional Recruitment Manager - Mid-West
Regional Recruitment Manager – Mid-West
About Urban Teachers
Our mission is to improve educational and life outcomes of children in urban schools by preparing culturally competent, effective career teachers who accelerate student achievement and disrupt systems of racial and socioeconomic inequity. Urban Teachers accomplishes this by recruiting outstanding candidates, equipping them with state-of-the-art training, and linking their certification to their demonstration of effective teaching practices and skills. Our residents and teachers will provide the necessary proof points to make a national case for educator effectiveness and accountability. Learn more about Urban Teachers on our website: http://www.urbanteachers.org
The Regional Recruitment Manager – Mid-West is a strategic-thinker and collaborative member of the Recruitment who will report to the Director of Recruitment. You will be responsible for identifying and attracting outstanding talent to apply to Urban Teachers’ teacher preparation program located in Dallas/Fort Worth, Washington, DC and Baltimore. This includes establishing a significant regional presence for Urban Teachers and its brand, building key strategic partnerships, recruiting at colleges and universities, and attending/participating in/developing and leading events within the Mid-West region to attract candidates to apply for and join the Urban Teachers Residency program. You will also be responsible for hitting recruitment targets and monitoring and iterating performance based on these targets.
This role will involve regional, overnight travel throughout Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and occasionally other states 40-50% of the time August – May, with a decrease in the summer months. This role requires flexibility outside of traditional Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm working hours, including night and weekend events.
Target Start Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: Remote position, though a candidate based in Chicago is preferred, or any major metro-area in Michigan, Wisconsin or Ohio are encouraged to apply.
Sourcing and Engagement:
- Research and build a portfolio of contacts across regional partner organizations and colleges/universities
- Develop, plan and execute creative regional events to build and cultivate a regional applicant pipeline
- Utilize applicant sourcing platforms to increase applicant pipeline outside of on-the-ground efforts
- Develop and cultivate relationships with partner organizations and university stakeholders
- Develop and cultivate relationships with prospective participants throughout the application process through virtual and in-person interactions
Data Management and Analysis:
- Manage regional recruitment data in Salesforce, ensuring clean and accurate inputs
- Execute and improve regional recruitment strategy through data
- Manage and track expenditures for regional budget
Selection and Admissions
- Participate and lead 2-4 Final Interview Days
- Support the Selection Team as needed
- 3-5 years of experience in the recruitment sector with a strong history of meeting or exceeding goals
- Ability to quickly build relationships across different stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong time/project management skills
- Results orientated and motivated by clear goals
- Ability to analyze data and use analysis to inform strategies and recruitment efforts
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce plug-ins including Engage and Pardot
- Self-directed and a self-starter with the ability to work remotely and as a part of a virtual team
- Ability to travel independently approximately 40-50% of the time August – May throughout the Mid-West regions
- Willingness and ability to attend events in the evenings and on the weekends
- Previous Experience in Recruitment or Sales
- Previous experience in Education / Education non-profits
Urban Teachers Values
WE SERVE CHILDREN.
Children are the center of our work. We rely on the communities we serve to guide and inform the decisions we make about our curriculum, program and practice.
WE ARE AN ANTI-RACIST ORGANIZATION.
We are committed to ongoing knowledge seeking, reflection, and action to deliberately oppose racism. We are an inclusive organization that values the diversity of people, backgrounds and perspectives. We are active allies who pursue justice in the communities in which we live and work.
WE ARE LIFE-LONG LEARNERS.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement, innovation and excellence. We strive to be on the forefront of what is best for teacher education and students based on research and practice.
WE VALUE EACH OTHER.
We value each other as whole people. We are servant leaders who foster a supportive working environment that is empathetic and caring, and values direct, constructive feedback.