New Ingredient Lab Technician
Snapshot of the Position…
Imbibe is seeking an aspiring food scientist/researcher to join our New Ingredient Technology Team as a Technician/Researcher. The ideal candidate will be a positive, energetic, hands-on team player with a passion for learning about a wide variety of beverage ingredients, product types and processing technologies. This new team within Imbibe has been very successful to date, so there will be plenty of opportunity for learning & career advancement.
This position will have a strong emphasis in research and development of new ingredient systems and solutions. This position will also work with developing and batching new ingredient system formulations, creating beverage (and food) prototypes to enable evaluation, and taking analytical data on products to aid the development of new ingredient system solutions to be sold by Imbibe.
- Create experimental designs, perform tests, and lead experiments through to their fruition on projects aligned with company interests.
- Support the R&D team in the development of new ingredient systems by creating innovative beverage formulations to enable evaluation of new raw materials
- Batch up multiple test variables of ingredient systems and beverage products to aid the new product development process
- Follow batching instructions provided by developers to create new, innovative beverage and ingredient system formulations
- Conduct analytical chemistry tests to confirm beverages meet pH, TA, Brix, etc. quality requirements
The Ideal Candidate…
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other related scientific field
- Proven ability to function as an effective team player (do what it takes to support the development and launch of new products on tight timelines in a fast-paced environment)
- Strong math skills – a must have; strong research skills a plus
- Strong ability to multi task projects
- Thrives in fast-paced environment
- 0 – 3 years of industry experience
- Experience in research and experimental design a plus
- Experience working in the food or beverage industry a plus
Imbibe is the leading innovator in the beverage industry – we set the standard! Our clients benefit from our holistic approach to product development where we engineer beverages from the bottom up. We design custom components, such as ingredient blends, flavors and finished beverages for every project. Imbibe combines a powerful synergy of innovation, technical expertise and dedication to ensure our clients never settle for anything but the best. To learn more about us, check out our website at www.imbibeinc.com.
Want to be a part of a growing team? Good idea. Here are some of the top reasons to work with Imbibe:
Full Time Healthcare – You are eligible for healthcare packages after 30 days of employment. All healthcare plans are Affordable Care Act compliant, and we have several plans to meet a variety of needs!
Industry Expertise – Simply put, we are beverage experts. Our industry focus gives us a greater degree of insight into the beverage and flavor world!
Innovation – We have a 40,000 sq. ft. facility that houses state of the art equipment, labs and a pilot plant.
Playful Culture – At Imbibe, in addition to your job, you’ll have opportunities to attend company-wide activities, or take a break and visit at the custom beverage bar. People should like where they work, and we strive to provide an environment that fosters playfulness, creativity and friendship.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Imbibe is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. This transmission is intended only for the designated recipient(s), and any duplication or distribution, in any form or part, without the written consent of the sender is strictly prohibited. These confidentiality protections apply even if you received