Tax Preparer BA4500
Under general supervision and in accordance with established company policies and procedures, the Tax Preparer performs a variety of activities related to income tax preparation, sales and the delivery of excellent customer service. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature; and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company’s propriety tax software application. Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considers the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer.
- Presents the Company’s value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques.
- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations. Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- Checks the “hold” drawer daily and contacts clients for additional information, as necessary, to insure accurate completion of tax returns.
- Monitors on-site client volume and advises supervisor when additional tax preparers are required.
- Handles customer questions, complaints, and product and service inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve customer issues with one call resolution.
- Participates in call campaigns and other marketing activities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Degree, or equivalent related business experience. Course of study in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred.
- Previous experience in tax preparation and filing a plus.
- Good communication, interpersonal and customer services skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions required.
- Must be able to obtain certification by the state with a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)
Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional customer service and performing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic and its applications.
- Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices and the reporting of financial data.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Oral Expression — The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
PHYSICAL DEMAND & WORK EFFORT
- Typing, sitting, standing, and walking.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Compliance with company policies and standards.
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
- Applicant will be enrolled in Jackson Hewitt Tax School
- Online 26 lessons
- Midterm and Final to be taken in-office
- Completion needed prior to in-office training to commence Mid-November.
- In office training paid minimum wage
- Performance based contract offering to start
- Work schedule to commence December 26, 2019