UPDATED 9/25/20 - INTERVIEWING NOW! Gain HEALTH CARE experience in St Joseph, Missouri as a Transitional Home and Community Specialist, while working with people living with a Traumatic Brain Injury. Apply NOW!
Community Support Worker
We are immediately seeking Support staff in the following Missouri counties of the greater Kansas City area:
Andrew, Boone, Buchanan, Cass, Clay, Clinton, DeKalb, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Platte
Staff will provide training and practice with activities related to daily living and maintenance of a household, applying techniques in each individual’s home and community.
Assist individuals in developing and/or relearning skills necessary to optimize independence and enhance the individual’s quality of life, restoring an optimal level of physical, cognitive, and behavioral function within the context of the person, their family and community.
Emphasis is on teaching strategies directly to the individual and family so that they can successfully manage roles and responsibilities for daily living and household operations independently in the future.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current driver’s license and reliable transportation (your own vehicle) and maintain current auto insurance. This position requires transporting individuals to appointments and community activities
- Willing to work with varied groups of individuals cross-age/cross-disabilities
- Certification in Adult CPR/BFA/AED or willingness to complete training upon hire
- Must be organized, and possess good time management skills
- Demonstrate relationship management, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail with ability to follow through on multiple cases
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exhibit and maintain a positive and professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Personal laptop for daily documentation and submission
- Basic MS Office skills (Excel, Outlook, etc) and internet-based applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Evaluate, plan and administer appropriate techniques as prescribed by supervisor and as outlined in individual support plans
- Record and maintain documentation of all activities and events daily as instructed
- Assist in developing individual Person-Centered Goal Plans with supervisor
- Social interaction and community integration
- ·Attend team meetings, and periodic required staff meetings and trainings
Part-time and Full-time opportunities are available.
Please submit resume along with a cover letter addressing your interest and telling us why you would be a good fit.