Private Banker (1190)
Established in 1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned banks in Nebraska with branch locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota. We are dedicated to servicing our personal and business customers by providing top service and identifying the best solution to the customer’s needs. Our employees experience an environment which encourages working together towards a common goal, high involvement in philanthropic activities, and an opportunity to focus on career aspirations and growth.
The Private Banker is responsible for managing a private banking portfolio of individuals with high net worth using banking strategies, solutions, ad advice that is customized to the client’s needs.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains client relationships by engaging the resources of other parts of the organization to provide meaningful and personalized service.
- Grows client net revenue annually in core product areas. Achieves deposit and loan volume goals, approves loans, and sells additional fee based services.
- Creates sales and marketing strategies designed to generate revenue growth and to acquire new target clients within different sectors.
- Generates leads and develops prospects and network to identify referrals to new clients. Presents and communicates to clients/prospects complex financial concepts and investment strategies in a way that is easily understood.
- Serves as the client’s advocate and trusted advisor (primary contact) for strategic advice on financial matters. Manages client expectations regarding what can and cannot be executed on their behalf; ensures financial strategies are kept current and appropriately aligned with client objectives.
- Ensures all client inquiries and problems are resolved effectively and helps team members to acquire experience and establish credibility with clients.
Experience, Education & Training Requirements
- Minimum of five years of progressively complex customer-facing financial services experience is required; seven years of customer service experience preferred.
Education, Licensure & Certification Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
Skills & Abilities Needed:
- Client facing experience, preferably in the financial services industry. Strong knowledge of banking and credit products.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to set high standards of meeting deliverables and commitment to the continuous development.
- The ability to effectively work both independently as a contributor and collaboratively in a team is required. Ability to effectively interact with all internal bank organizational levels, external bank consultants, examiners/regulators, vendors and suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- Strong passion for the client and strives to ensure they receive the best in class client service in their channel of choice.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to leverage client insights to drive solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s organizational structure, policies, and operating procedures, as well as thorough knowledge of bank products/services in conjunction with the proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and follow through.
Universal Job Requirements
It is the responsibility of every employee in the bank to ensure:
- All personal actions demonstrate strong ethics in full alignment with all applicable consumer protection laws, financial industry regulations, the bank’s overall Compliance program objectives, as well as documented policy and procedure.
- Personal finances are effectively managed.
- Reliable attendance is maintained.
- Personal actions continuously reflect the bank in a professional and positive manner.
- The effective completion of all duties as assigned.
- Financial Services Industry: Knowledge of financial services industry's trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters.
- Credit Analysis and Verification: Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
- Financial Services Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies and guidelines affecting business practices.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: Knowledge of processes, tools and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent situations.
- Client Interaction: Knowledge of practices, tools, and techniques for communicating with a client.
- Innovative Selling: Knowledge of and ability to use diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade a person to perform a desired action. Is good at developing creative ideas and uses good judgement in implementing solutions to meet complex needs.