Researches and evaluates grant prospects for Easterseals Midwest.
Writes all proposals, cultivation updates, and reports to funders, approximately 15-20 per quarter.
Manages all aspects of Easterseals' participation in the Missouri State Tax Credit program -- prepares project proposals; communicates with MO state contacts; submits reports; reconciles financial data with state and Easterseals finance team; serves as the primary contact for inquiries about the program; and tracks gifts and applications as they move through the approval process ensuring donors are informed of any changes to the status of their application.
Actively participates in the stewardship of donors and stakeholders.
Works as a member of the development team on department projects and events, including the Golf Tournament, Festival Gala, and others as assigned.
Partners with program and finance staff to ensure proposals and reports are accurate and designed for success
Provides writing and editing support to individuals in the agency as requested.
A successful candidate will possess:
- Able to produce accurate, thorough, and timely work.
- Able to manage multiple overlapping projects and deadlines
- Must possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as research skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage and embrace change.
- Working knowledge of fundraising data management software, preferably Raiser's Edge and proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including being able to employ assertive communication; ready willingness to provide assistance to fellow team members and ask for assistance and support as needed; and ability to keep focused on the overall goals and mission of the department and organization
- The ability to work closely and effectively with senior management, volunteers, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Education: A bachelor's degree required, preferably in non-profit management, communications, marketing, social work, journalism or a similar field.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years' related work experience in grant or proposal writing is required. Previous experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required.