Theater Operations Intern- True/False Film Fest
This multifaceted guru works with our Theater Operations Management Team to keep 8 screening theaters (9 screens total) running with creative solutions to logistical problems. Must absolutely love logistical planning, worst-case scenarios, attendee traffic flow solutions, customer service, and working with volunteers and the general public. This internship is an opportunity for the right candidate to get training and hands-on experience in theater operations, volunteer coordination, public relations, and general festival logistics!
- Assist in planning Venue Captain, Assistant Venue Captain, Stage Manager, Queen (Venue Management staff), and general theater operations volunteer training sessions
- Assist Venue Management staff leading up to and during the fest
- Help meet last-minute volunteer needs when volunteers do not show up for shifts during the festival
- Assist Operations Manager and Production Manager in working with the Events team to create a workable plan for integrating Theater Operations/Events where needed during the festival
- Serve as communication hub for Venue Management staff during the festival; ensuring that all venues have adequate staffing and supplies
- Work with Operations Manager, Production Manager, and Technical Director to ensure all theaters are ready to open for screenings
- Assist Manager of Theater Operations (MOTO) in developing and creating venue-specific manuals for each venue, including collecting and printing documents
- Inventory and assemble venue supply boxes for the week of the festival
- Work with MOTO to assemble wrap notes from Venue Management staff
- Other tasks as assigned
Time Commitment: Must be available the entirety of Fest weekend (March 5-8, 2020) and the few days prior, be able to participate in several logistical/planning meetings during the months of November 2019 through February 2020 and for two staff/volunteer trainings in February (Feb 15 & Feb 22).