School Based Therapist
DEPARTMENT: Outpatient - School Based Therapy
REPORTS TO: Director of OP Services/Psychologist Regional Lead/Therapist Team Lead
Provide behavioral health and/or substance use treatment services within the school setting to students referred for services and with parental/guardian permission. Provide assessment/evaluation, diagnosis, counseling and referral of students, as appropriate. Provide individual, family, and group therapies. Provide consultation and psycho-education, as requested by the school.
This position will work between two school districts, serving both Lincoln County School District and Silex School District.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
* Upon school referral and with parental/guardian consent, provide initial evaluation and assessment of student. Make re commendations for treatment and referral, as appropriate.
* Develop individualized treatment plans, defining plan of services and interventions. Update treatment plans as appropriate.
* Provide individual, family and/or group therapy according to student’s treatment needs. May also provide psycho-education as requested by the school.
* Appropriately document all services provided, meeting all applicable documentation guidelines. Ensure all records will be maintained in a confidential manner, meeting all appropriate HIPAA and other confidentiality requirements.
* Develop and maintain good working relationship with school personnel.
* Interface with and coordinate services with school personnel as appropriate.
* Provide consultation, as requested, to teachers, school counselors or other school personnel.
* Provide education and outreach activities to school and community as appropriate.
* Keep records of consumer contacts as specified by accounting and statistical needs of the organization. Also, maintaining records/logs for outcomes measures, as specified.
* Maintain productivity expectations, as established.
* Abide by all professional, certification and ethical standards in the performance of duties. Maintain current licensure and be in good standing with licensure board.
* Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – COMPANY WIDE
* Regularly attends work except for approved absences
* Attends all training as required
* Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
* Provides quality customer service
* Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
* Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
* Team Oriented and Values Diversity
Master’s degree in a human service-related field required
LCSW, LPC, or LMFT valid in Missouri required
Compass Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.