2021 Social Media Internship
PLEASE NOTE: FOR THE TIME BEING THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A REMOTE INTERNSHIP WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF IN PERSON WORK BASED ON COVID-19 PANDEMIC STATUS IN LOCAL AREA.
Are you a good writer who loves social media? Can you write with a warm, professional and informative voice? Can you listen to a podcast and choose the quote most likely to entice others to listen? Can you distill the essence of a story to 140 characters or less? Can you be funny and provocative without being offensive?
MediaTracks Communications produces two award-winning, nationally syndicated public affairs programs, Radio Health Journal and Viewpoints, heard each week everywhere you listen to podcasts and on 1,200+ radio stations nationwide. We’re seeking interns who want to work side by side with industry experts to gain real-world experience in writing, editing, blogging, social media, communications, marketing and broadcast media in a close-knit, casual working environment. You will be relied upon and expected to work independently without much supervision (and lots of responsibility) once trained. Our interns have gone on to work for NPR’s All Things Considered, KNX-AM Los Angeles, WAND-TV, ESPN, ABC News, Disney, Sundance Film Festival and us.
Apply via Handshake or the following link on our company website: https://mediatracks.com/internships/social-media-internship/
· Create and curate content for websites, blogs, and social media pages.
· Cross-promote our program guests’ books, causes, and projects while introducing our programs to their fans and followers.
· Interpret the meaning behind complex stories, pull out the “killer” quotes and facts and incorporate into social media posts that connect with listeners and drive traffic.
· Develop strategies for reaching out to affiliates and creating a community of listeners.
· Build awareness of our podcasts on several platforms.
· Excellent written/verbal skills – including grammar and proofreading.
· Hard-working self-starter with professional demeanor, and a high regard for deadlines.
· Quick learner, familiar with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, etc.
· Ungraduate living in the Chicago area.
· Available to work 2 days, for 8-12 weeks, from 9 am–4 pm.
· An open-mind and willingness to dive into a variety of tasks regardless of prior experience (you might end up helping to write/produce Radio Health Journal segment, you never know!)
· Master social media skills/techniques, including writing, editing, scheduling, keywords, voice/perspective
· Obtain the knowledge required to comprehend analytics (Facebook, Google, Wordpress) and implement that data into future social media strategy
· Internalize skills needed to create custom audio/visual content (audiograms, graphic design, Venngage)
· Strengthen long-form writing skills--blogging geared towards corporate clients
· Familiarize oneself with broadcast radio writing (potential to create a custom audio story for 850+ radio stations across the nation, write media alerts for new stories)