Intern (summer) - Underwriting
Perform tasks pertaining to the position in a professional setting while allowing the Company to evaluate the participant's qualifications for possible future employment.
Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking an entry level motivated individual to join our team for a summer internship. The position requires the person to:
- Learn various insurance coverages and contracts along with company philosophy and procedures, in order to make underwriting decisions.
- Become familiar with company policies, manuals, forms and endorsements in order to understand their meaning and use.
- Analyze loss experience, financial conditions and physical characteristics of risks.
- Acquires a working knowledge of supporting sections of the underwriting department.
- Effectively communicate with independent agents and other employees through verbal and/or written means.
- Students should be currently enrolled and entering their junior or senior year in college
- Ability to organize data, multi-task and make decisions independently
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to resolve complex issues
- An interest in developing product knowledge through participation in approved educational programs
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement