Community Support Specialist Team Lead
To further our mission of helping individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to live their best possible lives, The St. Louis Arc is seeking dedicated, enthusiastic and compassionate individuals for the position of Community Support Specialist (CSS) Team Lead. This position is responsible for providing quality services per the Council Outcome measures ensuring the health and safety of individuals supported, enabling people to make decisions, and assisting people to understand and exercise their rights. In addition, the CSS Team Lead will provide training and ongoing support to CSS staff including but not limited to onboarding, modeling, brainstorming, and idea sharing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adherence to Arc Core Values of Respect, Collaboration, and Empowerment
- Teach skills that will increase independence, self-esteem, and participation in the community
- Assist people supported to plan a meaningful day that matches the interests and goals
- Support people to complete necessary grooming/hygiene including, but not limited to, assisting in restroom, with meals, and with dressing
- Complete all documentation required according to Agency and funder timelines, including community events reports, medication administration records, progress notes, etc.
- Support people to engage meaningfully in all activities both community and site based
- Actively participate in Individual Support Plan meetings, trainings and team meetings
- Serve as the primary trainer regarding the staff shadowing component of on-site orientation and training.
- Effectively motivate support staff to fully engage people in meaningful participation through brainstorming and idea sharing, modeling effective supports and troubleshooting and
- Foster communication between CSS staff and site management.
- Work closely with site leadership team including Coordinator, Assistant Coordinator, and Outcome Specialist to ensure effective communication across all team members
- Communicate any pertinent information regarding staff’s performance both positive recognition and constructive feedback to the Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator.
- Provide some administrative and facility support to the site as needed.
- Demonstrates and supports all St. Louis Arc Diversity and Inclusion practices/initiatives
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- College coursework in general or special education, Psychology, Sociology, or a related human services field preferred.
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Mandt certification
- Valid Driver’s License (Class E license required within 30 days of hire)
- Valid Car Insurance
- Other agency required training both classroom based and online
Minimum Years of Experience:
- Two years’ volunteer or work experience with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong relationship-focused service and communication skills
- Ability to work independently including making emergency decisions
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbal and written
- Effectively and efficiently use database software
- Attention to detail
The St. Louis Arc is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Agency will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the Agency.
We hire dedicated candidates for each position available. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
We promote a professional and fair environment by consistently administering the harassment policy, employing zero tolerance with allegations of retaliation, and immediately investigating and responding to formal and informal grievances. We also make a real effort to encourage and promote diversity through various recruiting and promotional avenues.