Administrative Intern Program at Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Administrative Internship Program
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is accepting applications for its Administrative Intern Program for the 2020 Festival Season, featuring Carmen, Die Fledermaus, Awakenings, and Susannah.
Opera Theatre is known as a center for training young professionals in all aspects of opera, including arts administration. OTSL’s Administrative Intern Program supports this mission by offering job training and experience for those interested in careers in arts management. Several alumni are currently employed full-time at Opera Theatre, and former interns have served in positions at organizations across the country, including the Metropolitan Opera, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and the American Repertory Theater.
Opera Theatre’s administrative internships offer the opportunity to meet a wide variety of people and provide exposure to a variety of skills crucial in today’s arts and non-profit landscape. In addition to working on projects that are integral to the success of the Festival Season, interns are encouraged to learn from and about roles across the entire company, and are invited to attend additional lectures, recitals, and rehearsals, and performances as their schedules permit. The program also includes educational sessions specifically for the interns, designed to further the professional growth of the program participants.
- All internships are full-time positions, with an hourly stipend and overtime for any hours over 40 per week.
- Dates for each position vary (see individual position descriptions) but most are from late April/early May – early July.
- Hours may include some nights and weekends.
- The majority of our interns are college students or recent college graduates, but any qualified applicants interested in pursuing a career in arts management will be considered.
- Housing is not provided. Short-term options in the area are available but are limited.
- A basic familiarity with opera and classical music is a great help, however it is not required.
- Applications for the 2020 season will be accepted on a rolling basis.
INTERN POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
o Artistic Administration Intern
o Development Intern
o Digital Marketing & Media Intern
o Education Intern
o Finance Intern
o Patron Relations Intern
o Photography Intern
o Press & Communications Intern
For more details on each position, and to apply, visit www.opera-stl.org/intern.
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to being an equal employment/engagement opportunity workplace, and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristics, protected veteran status, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process.