R&D Chemist I
R&D Chemist I
Join our team! Headquartered in Lenexa, KS, Synexis is a company that is Pioneering technologies for safe, continuous reduction of microbial threats in occupied spaces. We offer a full benefits package, including medical, dental and vision, HSA/FSA accounts, paid time off and 401kplan.
Due to tremendous growth, Synexis Biodefense Systems has an immediate opening for a full time Chemist I to support the R&D Team. The following is an overview of the job responsibilities:
Job Summary: This is a full-time entry-level position within the Research & Development Department of Synexis Biodefense Systems. The primary purpose of this position is the support of our Supply Chain Team by characterizing incoming materials and products, identifying the key attributes that contribute to the success of the Synexis product, and ensuring the appropriate QA/QC (Quality Assurance/Quality Control) is in place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Mix chemicals (and record using good laboratory/manufacturing practices) for use by the production team.
• Characterize components/chemicals within incoming materials and/or products from vendors that have been identified by the Supply Chain. Determine key attributes that the materials MUST have in order to make the Synexis product successful.
• Support Senior members of the R&D team in conducting necessary experiments.
• Understand how to implement and interpret DOE (design of experiments) results to determine if there are observable experimental effects and/or synergistic effects of the various components supplied by various vendors.
• Utilize lab notebooks or electronic documentation to record and document results and prepare technical reports for review to the Vice President of Technology.
• Ensure effective operation of all equipment through preventive maintenance and ensuring full compliance by performing routine calibrations.
• Work with Supply Chain personnel to ensure that “Change of Materials” / “Change of Processes” documentation in in place and continuously updated as necessary.
• Understand procedures and protocols used by Synexis in the generation of products and materials to establish Quality Assurance procedures and protocols to maintain and improve product quality. Update documentation as necessary.
• Understand Synexis products to ensure that Quality Control is maintained/improved. Update documentation as necessary.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Education and Experience Required:
o Bachelors of Science in either Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Materials Science
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements: None required.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required:
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook), analytical skills, written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in operating and/or interpreting results from instruments such as: 1H NMR, 13C NMR, mass spec, XPS, UPS, Auger and/or FTIR; as examples.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both a team environment as well as independently perform experiments.
- Complete assigned projects in a timely fashion with minimal supervision,
- Ensure safe chemical, ergonomic and laboratory practices.
*Synexis is an EEO employer.
- United States (Required) No Sponsorship available