Culinary Services Quality Assurance and Safety Intern
Job Summary: Provide exceptional service to ensure a positive experience for Guests. Leading and motivating team. Serve quality food products to Guests in a timely manner following all food safety and sanitation guidelines. Maintain a clean, organized work area.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Positive interaction with Guests and team members, promoting a friendly environment, attending to Guests’ needs in a proactive manner.
· Educate and reinforce all park and department policies with Team Members.
· Provide On-The-Job training for Team Members concerning food safety and quality assurance.
· Provide direction to team members and assist in training/development of team members and location management.
· Ensure that all Team Members know and follow safety procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
· Maintain a safe work environment and aid in the elimination of hazards.
· Conduct weekly audits to ensure proper portioning is being upheld.
· Assist with food preparation and comply with FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulations. Ensure team members follow proper food preparation.
· Utilize thermometers to frequently test and document the internal temperatures of product.
· Ensure that temperature tracking logs are completed in compliance with company guidelines.
· Conduct weekly safety and quality assurance audits to ensure compliance with local health department and company guidelines.
· Work closely with the local health department representative during inspections to ensure compliance or corrective action if needed concerning food safety and unit cleanliness.
· Maintain food quality by completing quality checks and take corrective action as needed.
· Provide feedback to all levels of management concerning food safely, quality assurance, and safety.
· Ensure that locations are following all product storage and critical control point guidelines
· Complete weekly audits as directed. Train and provide feedback to location management on completion of audits.
· Assist with the facilitation of food safety and quality assurance trainings.
· Assist in locations during peak hours. Other tasks may be assigned by management as business dictates.
· Assist the Culinary Services department with hiring seasonal staff.
· Assist with department events.
· Full-time Supervisor
· Department Manager
Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum Age 18.
· Currently pursuing a degree in Nutrition, Food Service Management, Safety, Health Policy, or related field.
· Outgoing and friendly demeanor.
· Ability to train and develop others.
· Must have strong teamwork skills and the ability to work with others.
· Must possess strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task.
· Able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
· Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions for long periods of time
· Able to work alone
· Available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 6 hours at a time.
· Responsible for own transportation
· Able to work 40 hours per week, including weekends, holidays, and variable shifts.
· Provide a commitment of employment within March 2020 to October 2020. Must be able to make mandatory commitment from May 2020 to August 2020.