Social Media Manager
Reports to: Director, Digital Marketing
Location: Corporate Office – St Louis, MO
General Overview: Responsible for developing and implementing the company’s social media strategy in alignment with brand values and business priorities. Leads the planning, development and distribution of organic social content to increase overall social media presence, drive follower engagement and support marketing and brand initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements a comprehensive social media strategy based on key brand and business unit objectives.
- Executes robust social media campaigns, aligned with strategy and designed to drive results for large-scale, seasonal marketing initiatives.
- Generates, edits, publishes and shares daily content (original text, images, videos, etc.) that builds meaningful connections and encourages followers to engage or take action.
- Manages communication and responses with followers in a timely manner and monitor customer sentiment.
- Collaborates within marketing and other key stakeholders to maintain alignment on key initiatives, timing, messaging and overall effectiveness of social media efforts.
- Works with internal and external creative resources to develop best-in-class, “pillar” social content to supplement day-to-day tactical executions.
- Partners internally to organize and maintain social media content library.
- Optimizes company pages within each social platform to increase the visibility of company’s content.
- Stays up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications.
- Analyzes data to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes.
- Measures the success of social media campaigns, publish KPIs and convey follower sentiment to relevant internal audiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 2+ years’ work experience in social media marketing with demonstrated results is required
- Excellent knowledge and experience in implementing organic strategy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Familiarity with additional social platforms a plus
- Experience building and executing end-to-end social media campaigns is required
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Creative thinking, storytelling and the ability to craft end-to-end narratives is required
- Photoshop or other photo editing skills required. Light video editing skills a plus
- Familiarity with latest, scalable social content creation tools desired
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to interview key stakeholders to define campaign/business requirements
- Good understanding of social media KPIs along with foundational analytical skills
- Familiarity with and passion for baseball and softball required
- Excellent time management skills, ability to solve problems and meet deadlines
- Ability to prepare and deliver management-level presentations
Working Conditions: General office working conditions with periodic travel.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, internal employees or organizations. Must have proven exceptional written presentation and verbal communication skills.
Strong math aptitude with ability to interpret data analysis reporting and plan/oversee departmental budgets.
Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands requiring finger dexterity, and handling or working with equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Employee will be required to hear telephone.
Safety Hazards: Minimal
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. Position may be required to perform other duties as needed.