Hiring Company: Amazon
Location: multiple openings in the metro areas of Detroit, Chicago, Houston, Miami, Seattle, New York and Palo Alto.
Our statisticians and quantitative analysts work within our Software Engineering organization, including Life Sciences, Geo, Project Aura, Technical Infrastructure, and Advertising. We analyze huge sets of data and continually run live experiments in order to help drive critical decisions. Specifically, we support the development of innovative, highly scalable, next-generation technologies through deep research and advanced analysis.
· Provide research on topics including our business model and novel search techniques.
· Produce quantitative and qualitative modeling of business dynamics, user behavior, etc.
· Identify areas for further investigation as well as creating innovative methods of analysis.
· BS in statistics, biostatistics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, or another discipline involving experimental design and quantitative analysis of experimental data.
· 1+ plus years of experience using technology to work with datasets such as scripting, Python, statistical software packages (R, S-Plus, SAS or similar).
· PHD in computer science or mathematics.
· Experience with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods.
· Strong track record of developing intellectual capital such as published works.