Graphic World is a leading publishing vendor that specializes in creating, editing, and producing educational, reference, and trade products. We department caters to some of the largest publishers in the scientific, medical, and financial communities, and our list of clients continues to grow!
Our Editorial Services team has an opening for an Editorial Intern.
As the Editorial Services Intern, you would be primarily responsible for providing support services to our Editorial Specialists, Journal Editorial Specialists, and Editorial Coordinator. You would gain knowledge about editorial and operative practices in the industry, and you would attain vital publishing experience. The jobs you will work on will vary based on staff needs.
Some typical assignments include:
· Format files for in-house staff or freelancers using project specifications and macros
· Ensure content conforms to publisher templates and style guides
· Evaluate proofread and copyedited materials for quality
· Cooperate with a full-time staff to analyze and organize materials on new projects
· Perform basic quality reviews of journal and textbook content
Microsoft Office is used extensively for these tasks.
Who You Are
· A go-getter and self-starter
· Passionate about publication and education
· Great time-management skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks without sacrificing quality or schedule
What We Offer
· Hands-on publishing training. Although the focus of this internship is on editorial service, there are opportunities to learn about project management, content development, and illustration and design.
· Variety! As a publishing supplier, we work on a wide range of disciplines ranging from medical textbooks, financial journals, and elementary workbooks.
· Potential promotion to full-time staff, when positions become available.
· A supportive, collaborative team environment.
· GPA 3.0 and above. All disciplines are welcome, especially those that promote critical thinking.
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
· Prior customer service experience preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication; must be able to listen, write, speak effectively and facilitate communication in a timely manner.
· Strong grammar skills.
· Detail-oriented and able to quickly identify and correct inconsistencies.