Marketing & Project Support Specialist - Internship
New Chapter Coaching is a leadership development company dedicated to building a better world by increasing the effectiveness of nonprofit leaders and the impact of the organizations they serve. We are a small, hard-working, and fun team of people who truly enjoy our work and making the world a better place!
We are looking to add a part-time (20 - 25 hours/week) PAID summer intern to our staff to help us with a variety of activities and projects. This internship has the potential to extend into the 2020-2021 academic year (10 - 15 hrs/week). Priority skills and projects include:
- Marketing: grow our communication with clients through various marketing channels such as social media, newsletter, face-to-face events, and more. Responsibilities would include content sourcing, creation, and scheduling for social media, newsletters, emails, etc.; management of a social media contest; research and recommendations on marketing best practice; help maintaining an email marketing system; development of marketing materials; and more.
- Administrative: general office tasks including answering phones, updating client management systems, scheduling clients, responding to emails, office organization, etc.
- Project Management: provide support for a variety of projects. Activities would include updating materials such as Powerpoint slides and handouts; assistance coordinating and facilitating client events, activities, and workshops; client communication; and more.
Depending on your interests and skills, we have several other areas where an intern could contribute to our team. Here are some examples:
- Training & Development: design training templates and materials; participate in client service communication and training delivery
- Event Coordination: plan, organize, and execute events (e.g. client trainings, social "meet and greets", etc)
- Research: gather information related to training topics, potential clients, market opportunities, and more
- Writing/Editing: create text for communication with clients; edit publications and other communications; develop proposals in response to requests for proposals (training provided!)
- Assessment: create client surveys; evaluate effectiveness of programs and services, including client projects
We do not expect you to know how to do everything the day you start! We just expect you to come willing to learn, contribute, and do your best. We will provide training and work with you to make this a successful position for you and the New Chapter Coaching team.
The qualities we are looking for in a candidate include:
- Positive attitude
- Eager to learn and develop
- Desire to help others
- Ability to work well on a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized (good time management)
Interested? Submit your resume and a resume, a brief cover letter and a writing or marketing sample (examples might be a blog post you've written, social media posts you've created, etc.).
Questions? Want more information? Email us at Olivia@NewChapterCoach.com or call 573-228-9600 Ext. 104. Let's talk!