Trade Show Coordinator
ZL Technologies, a leader in Enterprise Information Management, is looking for a new Trade Show Coordinator to help plan and execute our Events Strategy.
As the leader of our Trade Show and Events Strategy, you will own every aspect of our Trade Show execution, from formulating our high-level strategy, all the way down to the execution of nitty-gritty details.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying new Conferences, Trade Shows, and Events relevant to our technology platform
- Evaluating & determining whether events are worth attending/sponsoring, based on their cost, their potential attendees, their speaking opportunities, and other relevant factors
- Coordinating and executing ZL's strategy at Trade Shows and Conferences that we ultimately decide to attend
- Ensuring that the ZL Sales Team has everything they need to succeed at the show, including booth graphics, relevant marketing materials (collateral), and show-related strategy points
- Working with the ZL Marketing team and CEO to help create messaging, to arrange for the Sales team’s attendance and participation at shows, and to determine the overall show strategy
- Tracking post-event follow-up to track shows' success
The position provides the flexibility to think for yourself and make key decisions that impact the company’s direction. No job experience is required, but candidates should have the interest and ability to manage complex logistics.
The position requires:
- Ability to work under pressure: Participating in high stakes meetings and justifying your decisions to executives
- Organizational skills: Keeping track of several events and all their variables at once
- Keen attention to detail: Learning which questions to ask when vetting an event, synthesizing the information, and making a decision
- Persistence: Taking responsibility and ownership for your mistakes, and then learning from them, without fearing failure
- Initiative: Figuring out what can be improved and taking action. There are not always clear instructions. You will have to think for yourself in a flexible environment
- Trade Show/Event Management experience is preferred, but not required