APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
This “hands-on” development program, which is set to kick-off in August, will provide you with immediate responsibility where you will identify and apply important business operations and growth strategies. This position is designed to give you with broad experience with our Ferrellgas and Blue Rhino brand and processes in order to prepare you for positions of greater responsibility.
As a Management Trainee, you will learn the framework of our company’s functions and operations. You will work alongside our existing management teams to gain valuable experience necessary for future growth and success within the Company. All applicants must be willing to relocate for advancement opportunities with the company.
To succeed in this role, you should have strong analytical skills, varied experience gained through work and/or school, and effective communication skills. Key components of the program will include performing various duties in different departments, gaining knowledge of operations, learning how to handle disputes, attending meetings and workshops, traveling to other offices, providing support and suggestions for improvement, updating records, preparing documentation and more.
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- 401k retirement plan with company match, up to 8%
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation
- Wellness program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Participation in Kansas City Corporate Challenge
- Gains an understanding of all aspects of the business.
- Develops a clear understanding of cost control and P&L statements.
- Instills and upholds a customer service culture within the district that fosters retention, relationships, and loyalty; and positions the district for increased growth opportunities.
- Learns and executes proper sales techniques.
- Partners with key mentors throughout the program.
- Develops and executes plans to grow the existing customer base.
- Assists managers evaluate performance (e.g. writing reports, analyzing data).
- Researches ways to increase profitability and lower risk.
- Creates and gives presentations.
- Collaborates with managers, supervisors, and other senior staff.
- Follows all company regulations and health and safety codes.
- Learns about conflict resolution and how to address various situations.
- Travels to different offices and participating in daily operations as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, HR, marketing, sales, communications, ag science, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral, to influence not only customers and potential customers, but employees as well.
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
Why work for Ferrellgas? We’re so much more than just a propane supplier or a company that consistently ranks among the nation’s largest propane retailers. We’re also a company that strives to provide the very best propane service in each of the hundreds of communities we serve across the United States.
Ferrellgas has been recognized by Forbes as one of the Best Employers in America. For more information about the company culture, visit our Life at Ferrellgas page. And, if you’re interested in being a part of a winning company, join the Ferrellgas team today!