Millennia Housing Development is seeking a Development Analyst. The Development Analyst will assume the responsibility for the initial evaluation of the asset and the coordination, management, and execution of activities required for the development and acquisition of real estate throughout the United States. This role is entrepreneurial and dynamic, but also requires significant analytical skills and organization.
The Development Analyst will support the VP of Development and Project Managers within the Development department.
- Support the MHD team in all aspects of acquisitions, financing, and development.
- Communication with investors, brokers, property managers, industry consultants, and third parties involved.
- Compilation of due diligence information, including financial, market, demographics, site, federal, and state regulatory data.
- Review and completion of applications and documentation necessary for debt and equity financing, property purchase and sale, government subsidies, and rental contract maintenance.
- Financial modeling and presentations with a focus on property valuation using a range of capital structures and financing tools unique to affordable housing.
- Involvement in contract negotiation and review of legal documentation for joint venture and loan agreements, purchase and sale contracts, and ownership structures.
- Validation and defense of budgets, assumptions, and Pro-forma analysis, including the identification of problems inherent to a given project.
- Coordinate with general contractors and third party architects to ensure accurate scopes of work, and all government required design features are incorporated into plans and specifications.
- Strong quantitative, financial analysis, and modeling skills are required
- An understanding of the principles of finance and accounting
- Well developed and adaptable writing skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of office applications and a firm grasp of Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional time management and prioritization where the analyst will be required to manage multiple projects with significant responsibilities and competing priorities
- Bachelors degree preferably Real Estate, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- 1-2 years of professional experience, preferably in a banking or real estate environment, or equivalent coursework
Grooming & Uniform
· Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
Background Check Process
- The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification. The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
The Millennia Companies® is a vertically integrated real estate company, based out of Cleveland, Ohio, comprised of Millennia Housing Management (MHM), Millennia Housing Development (MHD), Millennia Housing Capital (MHC), American Preservation Builders (APB), Millennia Commercial Group (MCG), and the Millennia Hospitality Group (MHG). The Millennia Companies® specializes in the acquisition, rehabilitation, and management of affordable and market rate properties. The Millennia Companies® was founded in 1995 by Frank T. Sinito and has since become a multidimensional, diverse company that manages 30,000 units across 26 states.
We believe that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. The assigned responsibilities should not limit that contribution. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor our company to only the work identified. We expect that each employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary, to ensure the success of our endeavors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.