Do you have a passion for helping animals and a knack for communicating with people? Are you a prompt, dependable self-starter with an eye for detail who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment? Do you have an eagerness to learn and grow as a veterinary professional? If you answered yes to these questions, then you’ll excel at being a Veterinary Assistant or Technician at My Zoo Animal Hospital! No previous experience is required as we offer on-the-job training for all the skills you’ll need.
- Caring for dogs, cats, and exotic animals including small mammals, reptiles, and birds
- Assisting veterinarians during examinations
- Administering vaccinations, medications, and treatments
- Catheter placement, both urinary and venous
- Drawing blood
- Monitoring anesthesia, as well as pre- and post-surgical care
- Preparing both in and out of house diagnostics, including blood work, urinalysis, fecal analysis, and radiology
- Practicing proper animal restraint techniques
- Maintaining computerized and paper medical records
- Cleaning and maintaining the clinic and various medical equipment
- Educating clients on their pets’ health care needs
- Filling prescriptions
- Other duties as assigned
Hours are between 7:15am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday, 7:15am – 5:00pm Saturday, and some Sundays and holidays.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
For more information on our services and facility, please go to our website www.myzooanimalhospital.com and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/MyZooAnimalHospital.
To apply, please complete the attached application and submit it along with a copy of your resume and availability.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in the veterinary field