Jumpstart Project Coordinator A (job or graduate assistantship)
About the Position
The Jumpstart Project Coordinator position is open to students who are work study recipients. The Project Coordinator works with the Site Manager to oversee the administrative areas of the program. The Project Coordinator must have reliable transportation. Project Coordinators serve part-time, and a minimum of 740 hours during the school year.
- Assist with preparing training materials
· Teach undergraduate students member file completion & time tracking systems
· Ensure completion of all file requirements trainings for all members
Research & Evaluation
- Participate in aspects of research implementation, when applicable
- Maintain Jumpstart, AmeriCorps, and University databases including the following:
- MU Time & Labor
- BSIU Child Abuse and Neglect Screening
- Member Retention Project
- Ensure information in all databases is accurate, complete, and up-to-date
- Create and maintain list serve and contact lists
- Prepare and distribute member hours updates
- Provide accurate and timely reports to members and Site Managers
· Preparing member time trackers for completion
· Checking service records for accuracy
File Maintenance & Audit
- Conduct weekly audit of member files
- Maintain Jumpstart & AmeriCorps files for each member
- Assist with interviewing of potential members
- Attend weekly Leadership Team meetings
- Attend weekly meetings with Site Manager
- Send emails to members as necessary
- Meet with members on an individual basis, when applicable
- Create member spotlights
- Prepare and distribute birthday bags throughout the year
- Pick-up Harold’s Doughnuts and communicate with the corps about Doughnut days
- Provide coverage for Mizzou Pals in case of absence. This includes interacting with children and families and general classroom support.
- This is a required substitute shift- if/when needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm-6pm. The only exception is if a class schedule conflicts.
- Maintain cleanliness of the cubicle
- Participate in one football concession stand service to support Jump into Fun Adventure Pack program
- Perform other duties as assigned by Site Manager
This opportunity is available in one of two ways to students:
· Assistantship to graduate students. Benefits include a full tuition waiver and $1682 monthly stipend. The opportunity for the tuition waiver and GA wage are dependent on your academic department.
· Part-time job to graduate students. Hourly wage of $22.15 per hour.
Approximately 20 hours per week; 10 month position beginning in August and ending in May. Student must file FAFSA and qualify for work study.
To apply please send your resume, along with a cover letter indicating which position you are interested in, to Bethany James (email@example.com). Upon review of your materials Jumpstart staff may contact you to schedule an interview.