Jumpstart Project Coordinator B (job or graduate assistantship)
About the Position
The Jumpstart Project Coordinator position is open to students who are work study recipients. The Project Coordinator works with the Site Manager to oversee the administrative areas of the program. The Project Coordinator must have reliable transportation. Project Coordinators serve part-time, and a minimum of 740 hours during the school year.
Research & Evaluation
- Participate in aspects of research implementation, when applicable
Inventory, Creation, Organization, & Purchasing of Supplies
- Gather, create, and purchase supplies for Jumpstart events (kick-off event, trainings, etc.)
- Plan and manage Jump Into Fun Adventure Packs program
- Create, maintain, and distribute member gear (lanyards, binders, shirts)
- Create namecards & journals for each Jumpstart child
- Copy session plans and gather books for full staff meeting and book prep each week
- Manage weekly session materials for Jumpstart teams
- Creation of session materials (posters, handouts, center tents, etc.)
- Communicate with Members/TLs/VC/SM regarding supply requests
- Purchase session supplies, training materials, and office supplies
- Plan and manage Special Opportunity Projects (SOP’s) for members
- Manage inventory and organization of session materials, maintain inventory databases
- Ensure information in all databases is accurate, complete, and up-to-date
- Assist with recruitment of members including interviewing and tabling
- Attend and report updates at weekly leadership team meetings
- Attend weekly meetings with Site Manager
· Provide coverage for Mizzou Pals in case of absence. This includes interacting with children and families and general classroom support.
· This is a required substitute shift- if/when needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm-6pm. The only exception is if a class schedule conflicts.
- Participate in concession stand event to support the Jump Into Fun Adventure Packs program
- Maintain cleanliness of the cubicle weekly (including all desks, chairs, computers, keyboards, breakfast caddy, etc)
- Facilitate Jump Into Fun events throughout the school year, including occasional weekend dates
- Perform other duties as assigned by Site Managers
This opportunity is available in one of two ways to students:
· Assistantship to graduate students. Benefits include a full tuition waiver and $1682 monthly stipend. The opportunity for the tuition waiver and GA wage are dependent on your academic department.
· Part-time job to graduate students. Hourly wage of $22.15 per hour.
Approximately 20 hours per week; 10 month position beginning in August and ending in May. Student must file FAFSA and qualify for work study.
To apply please send your resume, along with a cover letter indicating which position you are interested in, to Bethany James (firstname.lastname@example.org). Upon review of your materials Jumpstart staff may contact you to schedule an interview.