J2 Scientific, a scientific lab equipment manufacturer with global sales, is looking for proactive and motivated individuals at a variety of skill levels to be a part of our Product Development Team.
Duties range from maintenance of production drawings & assemblies to design of automated system & engineering maintenance of existing systems.
Depending on experience, duties may include the following:
• Perform intermediate to advanced SolidWorks and AutoCAD drafting for mechanical, metronic, cabling, and flow paths.
• Utilize web-based collaboration tools when necessary.
• Compute loads, volumes, areas and material quantities using accepted formulas and manuals.
• Review drawings and implement design changes or modifications.
• Obtain data and information from outside vendors and consultants.
• Assist Design Engineer in Development and Design of 3D models and prototypes.
• Develop and maintain Bill of Materials for assemblies.
• Assist Design Engineer in developing new Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to existing Standards and Procedures.
• Develop an understanding of the CAD procedures and techniques through training and experience.
• Develop and Design 3D models and prototypes.
• Review and Complete Engineering Change Requests and Notices for drawing updates.
• Develop new Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to existing Standards and Procedures.
• Transfer final designs and procedures to Manufacturing, Purchasing and Marketing for new product release.
• Perform Bill of Materials costing and review
• Meet project and departmental budget objectives
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Full-time; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am-4:30 pm (1/2 hour lunch); overtime as necessary
- Columbia, MO facility
- Benefits after 90-day probation
Entry- to Mid-level positions require knowledge of design drafting standards, attention to detail, good communication & organizational skills.
Prefer experience in SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
Must possess good hands on skills.