Loan Review Consultant
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,600 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
As a Consultant, you will support all aspects of loan review projects. You may take on the following responsibilities:
- Assess credit risk associated with individual commercial borrowers and with entire loan portfolios
- Evaluate loan documentation
- Interact with bank management
- Recommend alternatives for improvement
- Conduct due diligence related to potential acquisitions
- Work with a loan review team
- Write and present reports
- Work closely with BKD auditors
Overnight travel, up to 50%, will be necessary with this position. Overtime hours will also be required at various times throughout the year. We expect team members to be based out of Saint Louis, MO; Houston, TX and Dallas, TX.
Successful associates display the following skills and characteristics:
- Solid technical finance and accounting knowledge
- Effective time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills preferred, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work well with a team as well as independently
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to take initiative
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and against deadlines.
- Associate positions require a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (in major and overall) preferred.
- Previous experience or internships in a public accounting firm performing audit or tax work is a plus.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.