Commercial Trainee - Nationwide
U Pull-&-Pay (UPAP) is a dynamic company with a nationwide network of retail self-serve used auto parts stores. As a customer focused organization, UPAP exists to provide low cost, used auto parts to our customers. Our inventory and interchange information services enhance the customer experience. Customers bring their own tools into UPAP stores and remove valuable auto parts from an environmentally processed inventory of autos. These auto parts are purchased according to a specific price list shared with our customers. UPAPs inventory of autos is rotated continuously.
UPAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph Company (DJJ) which was founded in 1885 and is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80 locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company. DJJ has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as a good community citizen who is trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.
If you are ready to grow with a successful company, please apply online.
Candidate must be willing to train at any of our locations nationwide.
U-Pull-&-Pay (a wholly-owned subsidiary of DJJ) has an exciting opportunity as a Commercial Trainee, must be willing to relocate to any of our facilities across the U.S including Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Ohio; with additional locations as we grow.
- Train to buy whole cars to be sent to assigned stores based on quality (retail value) and freight/towing costs
- Work closely with Store Managers, Assistant Managers and our Car Buy Center on local buy, auctions, peddler/public pricing, any scrap pricing, and general market knowledge
- Train to serve as an adviser to stores
- Provide regular updates on the car market to Store Managers weekly and daily conversations
- Work closely with the Marketing Specialist to develop advertising concepts and actions related to both regional car buy as well as parts sales
- Train to work with Store Managers and Assistant Managers on relationships at auctions and with tow companies
- Find ways to source cars with lower fees in the region
- Learn to cultivate new sourcing relationships with charities, tow companies and auctions
- Train to be responsible for monthly projections related to car buy at all stores in the region
- Train to be responsible for assuring proper licenses are in place at stores and with tow companies
- Make sure we are conforming to all federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in purchasing, sales or marketing
- Ability to relocate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
**Willingness to relocate to any of our facilities across the U.S including Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Florida, Indiana, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Ohio; with additional locations as we grow**
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.
U-Pull-&-Pay LLC (UPAP) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.
UPAP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. UPAP hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
UPAP reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.
UPAP also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.