Development Internship (Fundraising/Events) - Unpaid
Mission Resource Internship - Unpaid
St. Louis, MO
The Mission Resource Internship provides the opportunity to support Philanthropy Directors in large-scale fundraising strategy and implementation through reporting, data entry, donor cultivation, and solicitation and stewardship tasks, with the purpose of furthering the vision of Make-A-Wish Missouri to grant the wish of every eligible child.
The ideal intern will ideally be a junior or senior working toward a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Knowledge of and experience with the Make-A-Wish mission and service population is preferred. Intern(s) will work 15-20 hours per week and are responsible for their own transportation and housing expenses.
• Support Make-A-Wish Mission Resource staff by strategically cultivating and stewarding organization’s donors and key partners through phone calls, hand-written notes and targeted e-mail correspondence
• Review and update donor information in organization database
• Facilitate donor pledge fulfillment by developing letters of intent and collecting outstanding pledges
• Ensure organization’s donors and partners have collateral needed to fulfill fundraising commitments
• Assist in donor solicitation by creating targeted proposals
• Complete research on prospective donors
• Participate in strategic discussions regarding the Mission Resource programs and the overall financial revenue goals
• Additional duties as identified by Philanthropy Directors
• Professional appearance and presentation
• Exceptional customer service skills, with the ability to communicate confidently and clearly both verbally and in writing
• Proactive and detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects at a fast pace
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet research tool
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector, either through coursework or employment experience
• Volunteer experience preferred, but not required
• Raiser’s Edge experience preferred, but not required
• The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information that will be obtained in the daily interactions with donors, volunteers, chapters, and wish families
The internship program is designed for current undergraduate or graduate students with the goal of being a leader in the non-profit sector. The purpose of the internship program is to help undergraduate and/or graduate students further cultivate their skills through a real-life work experience. Applicants will be selected for an interview based on their application and resume.