Harrisburg Summer Intern
About this Job
We are recruiting paid interns for placement within our independent agency force in the HARRISBURG region! This is an opportunity to work with and experience the entrepreneurial realities of small-medium business ownership in local communities. Selected interns will be employees of the various participating agencies.
The U.S. insurance industry as a whole is expected to have over 45,000 full time open positions available by 2022! This is an opportunity to work in a growing industry that adds value to individual lives and the community on a daily basis.
Working as an Insurance Agency Intern at one of our Independent Agencies you will:
- Work with experienced small-medium business owners in management, customer service and agency revenue growth
- Develop and implement marketing programs
- Create content to increase social media presence
- Work directly with clients to triage day-to-day insurance claims, changes, and issues
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to navigate online systems
- Pursuit of bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred.
- Candidates in their final year of undergraduate study, or pursuing graduate studies should apply.
- Special consideration may be given to individuals that hold a property and casualty insurance license. Such license is NOT required.
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base preferred.
- Reliability required.
- Pay is hourly and is based on experience and geography
Housing assistance unavailable at this time
About Erie Insurance
We’re looking for service-driven candidates who share our passion for helping people to become an Employee or work for one of our independent Agents.
Erie Insurance is a Fortune 500 company committed to Employee development, professional excellence and career success. We view a diverse workforce as a competitive advantage, and are committed to attracting and retaining the best people we can find. We offer challenging work in an exceptional work environment, attractive salary and a comprehensive Total Rewards benefit package. Our Home Office is in Erie, Pa., and our 24 field offices employ over 5,700 people. ERIE’s territory includes 12 states and the District of Columbia.