Disaster Recovery Specialist
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2020 HURRICANE SEASON. YOU MAY NEED TO REAPPLY NEXT YEAR IF INTERESTED IN WORKING FOR ODA DURING THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON.
As a Disaster Recovery Specialist at the GS-1101-7 or 9 level, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Responding to a variety of customer inquiries, ranging from routine to complex, and providing detailed information to the public regarding federally declared disaster and SBA's disaster loan program.
- Preparing written responses to email inquiries received through SBA's disaster customer service mailbox.
- Assisting lower graded or new employees with responding to customer service inquiries received by telephone or email.
- Assisting borrowers with completion of their loan closing documents and answering questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.
- Accepting borrower payments using online payment processing tools.
- Using a variety of computer systems to research customer inquiries, record call activity and prepare appropriate forms and letters.
Hours of work vary to support Customer Service Center hours of operation, which is generally open from 8:00am until 9:00pm EST, with potentially later hours during substantial disaster activity. Therefore, employees may be assigned shift work and shifts may change with little or no advanced notice.
By applying for this position with SBA's Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.