In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Support the fastest-growing area of secure and trusted computing in Mercury Systems. Be a part of the team that delivers trusted products to the warfighter. Leverage value added critical thinking and analytical skills to provide the financial forecasting product necessary to allow the company to reach its' goals built on strong operational excellence and profitable growth.
You are responsible for:
- Establish program cost baselines, complete monthly cost reporting and manage the regular Estimate-at-Complete (EAC) process
- Weekly cost management and program financial control including direct labor hours reporting, resource planning and material receipt management in support of the program management office
- Prepare monthly Program Management Review financial charts for executive review
- Support requirements for customer or contractual financial deliverables or obligations
- Identify and communicate the impact of program cost and schedule variances to overall program execution and performance
- Monitor and report on departmental expenses including indirect, capital, IR&D and B&P expense.
You are a part of:
An experienced Finance organization tasked with supporting the Trusted Mission Solutions business unit to maximize operational excellence and drive profitable growth.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline
- Strong financial acumen, including thorough understanding of excel modeling techniques
- Familiar with forecasting, budgeting and variance analysis
- Familiar with CPFF, FFP, T&M contract types a plus
- Familiar with FAR/DFAR a plus
- Familiar with EVMS and customer cost reporting a plus
Purpose: This position is for an entry-level professional individual contributor on a project or work team in the Financial Planning & Analysis sub-family, who works under close supervision.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Requirements: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry's current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
To find out more about what it's like working at Mercury, visit the Mercury Community or find answers to general questions at Mercury FAQs
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Click here read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP